Hi guys, I changed my distro this evening. I was using openSuSE 10.2 and now I'm using Ubuntu 7.04, a.k.a. Feisty Fawn, and now I'm happier since that ubuntu uses the package management system that I simply love: apt (aptitude as well, but the latter is a bit slower).
The only obstacle that was blocking me to use ubuntu since now was my modem, a smartlink softmodem (or winmodem), but this evening I discovered that I was failing in choosing the daemon to set up the modem. I was using the daemon that was shipped with the module. But I experimented using the sl-modem-daemon ubuntu package as deamon for my modem and it worked. Now I'm accessing internet very well.
To see more smartlinks modem modules access http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/smartlink/